How to Make Friends – Social Skills Training for Adults with ADHD
SESSION CLOSED – AT CAPACITY
How to make friends as an Adult with ADHD is a 2 Part Social Skills Training is for adults with ADHD who struggle to navigate social dynamics.
Social communication affects every aspect of an adult’s life — getting along with coworkers and bosses, interviewing for a job, maintaining friendships and romantic relationships, even attending social gatherings like a wedding or a birthday party without feeling stressed or inadequate. Making and keeping new friends is hard enough, and adults with ADHD face additional challenges with symptoms like impulsivity and inattention, which can get in the way of meaningful connection. What’s more, ADHD is often accompanied by comorbid conditions like anxiety or the shame of rejection sensitive dysphoria, both of which affect relationships.
Leader: Caroline Maguire, M.Ed., PCC, author of the groundbreaking book, Why Will No One Play with Me?
Dates: Mondays, March 21 and 28, 2022
Time: 7 pm ET / 6 pm CT
Sessions: 90 minutes, with plenty of time for Q and A
Fee: $39.99 – Note: This is the last session to lock in the introductory rate.
Limit: This group is limited for participants’ benefit
Format: Each session consists of a lecture plus a live Q&A. Each session is recorded, so if you have a conflict, or need to drop off and finish later you can do so. There is also optional homework and reading. This advice is geared toward adults but is appropriate for all ages.
Note: This is interactive, will be recorded and participants will see each other. You can choose to stay off camera and you are encouraged to change your online name. IF THIS IS OF CONCERN, PLEASE DO NOT ENROLL.
“I have never seen anyone else offer a group for adults and I have had people reach out to me multiple times and ask. What I’ve told them to do is reach out to you (before you were offering the group.) I am thrilled that you’re doing this.” -Ryan Wexelblatt, LCSW
Usually when we tell a long, drawn-out story, it is due to our levels of arousal and we lose focus. This is a self-regulation issue. Watch for my advice on how to overcome TMI!
Social Skills Training for Adults with ADHD: Potential for Success
How you interact with others determines your potential for success in every area of your life. It’s never too late to learn the essential art of getting along with people.
This 2-part seminar will lead you through social skills coaching for adults with ADHD by adapting lessons, materials and activities straight from Caroline Maguire’s award winning book, Why Will No One Play With Me? Learn to coach yourself into a winning mindset and develop the self-talk to guide you to improve your social relationships.
What You Need to Know About How to Make Friends for Adults with ADHD!
Caroline Maguire, a leading expert in social skills development, helps people of all ages become socially engaged, confident, and open to the unlimited world of learning, connection and life.
You will learn HOW TO:
- Make chit chat, keep things light and build and engaging conversation that bridges from hello to real relationships.
- Shift your mindset, work through your anxiety and emotions from the past to better read social cues and cope with impulsivity.
- Make emotions work for you, not of against you.
- Develop a step-by-step plan to address your specific social challenges and explore the rules of the social world.
- Take an inventory of people you know to read social cues, context, moods and anticipate motives.
- Navigate the pace of a relationship and identify the signs of interest from others and acknowledge their intention in pursuing a relationship with you.
- Learn how to make friends as an Adults with ADHD
- Improve your social skills in daily life, step-by-step.
- Teach yourself how to get along with everyone.
- Complete hands-on activities to develop new skills.
- Better understand your social struggles and how to improve your social interactions.
- Apply exercises to improve your own interpersonal skills.
Learn and practice social skills in a supportive environment and discover techniques and strategies you can use now, and for the rest of your life.
How the Group Works
The recording will be shared with participants after the session.
*Not included: Why Will No one Play With Me?
Participants can purchase the book here:
Also available in audiobook!
This is social learning in action
Let’s work together to become your best self: socially engaged, confident, and open to the unlimited world of learning, connection and life.