As a parent or educator, you may be reading Why Will No One Play With Me? and have questions about what coaching looks and feels like in real life. This course will provide you with more guidance and a real sense of how to have conversations with a child, teen or young adult.
What makes my training different?
Unlike other coaching programs, my course shows you real kids in action having real-world reactions and responses. No one else does this. These are the words of real children and real situations I encountered, taken word for word. You will see that conversations can be brief, can lead to big realizations and that it takes repeated conversations to move your child forward.
Starting the Coaching Conversation
- This is a real-world conversation so parents can hear what a coaching conversation sounds like and how the conversation brings to light the child’s realizations and also helps the parent understand their perspective and the stories that get in the way of the child moving forward. As featured in Why Will No One Play With Me? these stories are essential for your child to address in order to understand the social world and move forward.
Coaching Conversation- how it’s done
- Learn HOW To introduce the concept of Social Spy, and how to manage your child’s concerns around spying activities. The mission is to to obtain specific social information. Rehearse ahead of time how to watch other people in a subtle, covert way and to listen without looking like you are eavesdropping. The idea is to read the room to learn crucial information about peers such as how they dress, what they talk about as well as how to observe and notice other people’s behavior, mood and energy.
5 Additional Coaching Tips To Manage: Tone, Aha, Shrug, Eye Contact, and Experiment
Each of these videos addresses a specific concern or issue you may face when coaching your child.
- The tone your child may take while discussing social concerns
- Reacting to surprises that come up in conversation
- Struggling with enthusiasm or buy in
- Eye contact during coaching conversations
- The value of experimenting with your child.
This video course will give you simple, easy to follow tips to change how you interact with your child. Nothing is instant, but these tips have been proven time and again to improve parent-child and teacher-child communication for the better.
Get started on the right path to coaching the kids you love today.