Leader: Caroline Maguire, M.Ed., PCC, author of the groundbreaking book, Why Will No One Play with Me?
Dates: January 19 & January 26, 2023
Price: $97 for limited time – pricing ends on November 27th, 2022. Pricing increases to $125 after.
Time: 7 pm ET / 6 pm CT
Sessions: 60-minutes, with plenty of time for Q and A
Limit: This group is limited for participant’s benefit
Format: Each session consists of a lecture plus a live Q&A. Each session is recorded, so if you have a conflict, or need to drop off and finish later you can do so. There is also optional homework and reading. This advice is geared toward adults but is appropriate for all ages.
Note: This is interactive, will be recorded and participants will see each other. You can choose to stay off camera and you are encouraged to change your online name.
IF THIS IS OF CONCERN, PLEASE DO NOT ENROLL.
Social Skills Training for Adults with ADHD: Potential for Success
How you interact with others determines your potential for success in every area of your life. It’s never too late to learn how to shift your communication and to connect, feel confident and thrive.
What You Need to Know About How to Make Friends for Adults with ADHD!
Caroline Maguire, a leading expert in social skills development, helps people of all ages become socially engaged, confident, and open to the unlimited world of learning, connection and life.
For many people with ADHD and other neurotypical challenges, communication missteps are an all-too-common occurrence. You often realize what you’ve said has landed wrong, so you try to think before you speak because you never want to offend anyone. But somehow you still manage to put people off, say the wrong thing at the wrong time and end up ashamed kicking yourself with regret. We can stop this from happening. And in this group, you’ll learn the skills to reduce the discomfort of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.
Because, let’s be honest, as an adult with ADHD, you have good intentions. But the intense desire you feel to have your say can get in the way. This group will give you the skills and road map to help you self-regulate so you can pick and choose what you say and what you choose to hold back.
In this group you will learn how to:
- Become a social spy which will empower you to take situational assessment of all your surroundings, so you’re prepared to share the right amount for the right audience.
- Check your perspective to make sure you’re “reading things right?” From people to social settings, to sensitive subjects and timing, this group will empower you to know your audience so your slip ups become less and less.
- Create an inventory of people in your life so you can predict their reactions, understand their perspectives and know the right/wrong time to say certain things.
- Learn how to self-regulate so you stop oversharing out of compulsion and instead start to pick and choose when you share and when you hold back those thoughts that just don’t need to be shared!
- Identify the perspectives and points of view of co-workers, romantic partners, your children, friends and family.
- Tune into other people’s mental states so you’re “attuned” to the inner workings of the people around you.
- Conform better to social norms so you’re more comfortable in various social settings.
- Practice your newly honed skills inside a safe community – this group!
- And more.
How the Group Works
This is a live, interactive seminar and participation is highly encouraged. Participation is not mandatory, and people are welcome to keep cameras off and not volunteer.
Caroline will present a concept, describe its purpose and how it is to be carried out. Volunteers will explain their own personal challenges and practice incorporating the concept into a potential situation.
This is a support group as participants share and provide advice to each other.
As a reminder: volunteers who offer to practice will be recorded. It is highly recommended that you change your screen name to maintain anonymity.
The recording will be shared with participants after the session and cannot be edited or adjusted for participants. If you don’t wish to be on camera, make that decision before it’s too late by turning off your camera when the recording happens.
This is a confidential group. Participants, whether recorded or not, must agree to never share the recordings or its contents outside this group.
“I have never seen anyone else offer a group for adults and I have had people reach out to me multiple times and ask. What I’ve told them to do is reach out to you (before you were offering the group.) I am thrilled that you’re doing this.” -Ryan Wexelblatt, LCSW
*Not included: Why Will No One Play With Me?
Participants can purchase Why Will No One Play With Me here:
Also available in audiobook!